7 Easy Oreo Recipes for Desserts you can try at Home
While we are stuck at home during this lockdown, the resources available around us are our best friends. To begin with, the maximum distance we can scale is our kitchens and what better than to try your favourite lip-smacking recipe?
Those scintillating Oreo recipes that you have come across your social media feeds, this is the time you get to make them at home. Cadbury Oreos being some of the most widely consumed household snacks are easy to source too.
Did you know ‘Twist it, Lick it, and Dunk It’ isn’t the only way to eat Oreos? There are myriad options that you can integrate those biscuits to enjoy your favourite oreo biscuit recipe.
Let us look at some easy oreo dessert recipes that can brighten your otherwise boring quarantine season.
1. Oreo Ice Cream
With most ice cream parlours shut, it has become difficult to fulfil your sweet-tooth cravings. Here is an oreo ice cream recipe that you can make with minimal ingredients.
Serves - 10-12 servings
- 18 Cadbury Oreo cookies
- 400 grams of Sweetened condensed milk
- 480 ml of Heavy cream
- Take 14 oreo biscuits and break them into quarters. Beat the heavy cream in a food processor till the mixture is fluffy and peaks are formed.
- Next step is to add the condensed milk and mix well. Lastly, add the crushed oreo biscuits to it. Make sure the cookie crumbs are evenly spread in the oreo ice cream batter.
- Now place the entire mixture in a container and top it off with the remaining Oreo biscuits. Refrigerate it for 6-7 hours.
Voila! You have your very own oreo dessert recipe.
2. Oreo Cookie Balls
Oreo cookie balls are just like your chocolate truffles. Here you have crunchy oreo filling instead of the gooey chocolate one. Here is a straightforward oreo biscuit recipe that can satiate your taste buds.
Serves - 33 Oreo Cookie Balls
- 38 Cadbury Oreo cookies
- 225 grams of Cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup chocolate melting wafers
- Blend the oreo cookies in a food processor till they are fine crumbs. Now place the Oreo crumbs aside and whisk the cream cheese until smooth. Combine the two and mix well.
- Now make small balls using and place on a tray in the refrigerator. Ensure the Oreo balls are frozen well.
- For the coating, place the chocolate melting wafers in a bowl and melt them in a microwave. You can alternatively use white chocolate wafers too. An alternative to using chocolate wafers is placing your favourite chocolates in a bowl on top of a vessel with boiling water. This will have the same effect of melted chocolate wafers.
- Now dip the frozen oreo balls in the melted chocolate. You can use a fork or a toothpick to completely immerse the oreo balls. Now freeze them for an hour and you can enjoy your 3 ingredient oreo biscuit recipe.
3. Oreo Milkshake
Gone are days of cold coffee. Oreo milkshake is the new trend. With chunky bits of oreo, this is an almost a no brainer recipe with oreo biscuits. Well, you can eat as well as drink this delicacy and it makes it to the top of quarantine master chef recommendations list.
Serves - 1
- 1 scoop Vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- 10 Cadbury Oreo cookies
- 1 tablespoon chocolate sauce
- Blend the ice cream, 8 pieces of oreo biscuits and milk in a mixer.
- Crush the remaining oreo biscuits. You can use a zipper bag to beat the biscuits using a rolling pin.
- Pour your blend in tall serving glasses topped with crushed oreo crumbs.
Enjoy your sunny afternoons with a cool oreo milkshake.
4. Deep-fried Oreos
The classic deep-fried Oreos are the perfect recipe to relish at home. Every time it is your go-to pick at the dessert counter, so why not make it at home? Let us have a look at what you need.
Servings - depends on the number of Oreos
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons of Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup of Whole Milk
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- Cadbury Oreo biscuits
- Frying Oil
- Powdered Sugar
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients, i.e. flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add egg, vanilla extract and milk to blend it well. Make sure the batter is free of lumps at the same time it isn’t too thick or too runny.
- All of this while you preheat your oil.
- Rest the batter for a couple of minutes before you add the Oreos to it.
- Once the oil is piping hot, drop the Cadbury Oreos dipped in the batter to the oil and fry till golden brown.
- Once they are ready, drain them on a tissue paper to soak off all the excess oil.
- Lastly, sprinkle them with some powdered sugar and enjoy them hot!
5. Oreo Popcorn
Oreo popcorn is one of the simplest recipes with oreo vanilla crème’ biscuits that has the best of both worlds, popcorn and Cadbury Oreos! With some of the most basic ingredients that you need not hunt for, it can be the perfect partner to your movie marathons.
Serves - 4
- 100 grams popped popcorn
- 20 oreo biscuits
- 350 grams White chocolate chips
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a bowl using a microwave. You can melt it using traditional methods of the chocolate bowl placed over a hot water vessel. Melt till it becomes smooth in texture.
- Sprinkle most of the white chocolate over the popcorn in a vessel.
- Add the oreo crumbs to it and toss it well.
- Drizzle the remaining chocolate over the mixture of popcorn and oreo crumbs. Let the chocolate set and then break them apart.
A good balance of salty popcorn and sweet Cadbury Oreo chocolate while you enjoy your movies.
6. Oreo Fudge
Oreo fudge is truly a heaven for a chocoholic. Nothing beats the balance of chocolaty Oreos with white chocolate spread. Here is a three-step recipe to prepare a savoury oreo fudge to tingle your palate.
Serves - 4
- 400 grams White Chocolate chips
- 400 grams of Sweetened condensed milk
- 14 Oreo biscuits
- Make fine crumbs of the oreo biscuits in a blender. Use half the crumbs to lay them in a baking tray.
- Take a microwaveable bowl and add condensed milk to the white chocolate. Ensure the chocolate is melted evenly while checking in between while microwaving them.
- Let the mixture from the microwave cool for a bit before pouring into the baking tray. Ensure you spread it evenly in your container.
- Now pour the remaining oreo crumbs on top of the mixture.
- Smoothen the top of your fudge using a knife dipped in hot water. Refrigerate the mixture for at least 4 to 5 hours.
- Cut them into bite-sized pieces and enjoy as a midday snack or late-night munchies. (You can use a white chocolate bar instead of white chocolate chips.)
7. No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
If you are craving for an oreo cheesecake, your favourite restaurant isn’t of any help during the lockdown. So why not take this opportunity to make yourself an oreo cheesecake recipe during this quarantine. A simple and easy to make a recipe with oreo biscuits.
These are a few Oreo recipes that you can make using your daily Cadbury household snacks. Being your own chef, you can fulfil your chocolate cravings during this lockdown, the perfect time to experiment with various oreo dessert recipes.