Dalgona Coffee Recipe With An Oreo Twist
As everyone is stuck at home during the lockdown the South Korean dalgona coffee trend has gone viral over the internet. The world has fallen in love with the trend, as more and more interesting versions of dalgona coffee recipes are being shared across social media.
Best of all, the Dalgona coffee trend is quite popular because of how simple it is to make with easily available household snacks items you may already have on hand. This makes it a fun and interesting activity to do at home. With less than five minutes, you can enjoy this delicious drink while lazing around in your PJs, watching a movie.
What is Dalgona coffee?
Dalgona coffee recipe is quite simple, it is a coffee that is prepared by whipping equal proportions of instant coffee powder, sugar, and hot water into a thick cream served with cold or hot milk. Dalgona coffee is quite similar to a Frappe or an Indian cappuccino.
How to make Dalgona coffee?
The ingredients required for Dalgona coffee recipe are as follows:
- 2 tablespoon of instant coffee or instant espresso
- 2 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon of water
- Milk of your choice
To make dalgona coffee you require three ingredients coffee, sugar, and hot water. Start by mixing these three ingredients in a bowl. You need to keep whisking them together until it turns into a smooth creamy consistency. You will need a bit of patience and enthusiasm as this might take a while but the results are totally worth it. Now, take a tall glass pour in cold or warm milk of your choice and scoop up the whipped coffee onto your milk. You are free to add cocoa, crumbled biscuits, or honey as toppings to give it a fun factor.
Here are a few lip-smacking versions of Dalgona coffee recipes that you can make at home easily.
Dalgona Coffee with Oreo
Serves-1 | Prep Time-5mins | Total- 10mins
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp white granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp hot water
- oreo biscuits (2-3 pieces)
- Start by combining instant coffee, sugar, and hot water in a mixing bowl. Mix the ingredients well. Then using a handheld mixer whisk the coffee mixture continuously till it forms a stiff peak (2-4 mins). Once the mixture has a turned thick and frothy you can set it aside.
- Now moving on to the fun part of this recipe take the oreo biscuits and blend them to a powder-like consistency.
- Take a tall glass pour in the milk of your choice along, scoop out the whipped coffee on top of the milk and lastly add in crushed Oreo biscuits on top.
- Your Dalgona coffee with oreo is ready to serve.
Storing the coffee
If you wish to make a large volume of whipped coffee and want to store it for later use, you can do so by refrigerating the coffee mixture in an airtight container without the milk. Note that the coffee can be stored only for a few days. The texture and consistency will not remain the same and will dissolve eventually, but it stays stable for a few days at least.